Best fitness equipment for weight loss? It’s you and all your bones, joints, muscles, and any part of you involved with movement. Especially your brain. Yep, your brain. LOL.
I say your brain is likely the most important of all because even before you begin any exercise or fitness routine, you must change your brain first. By that I mean your first challenge is to get your thinking correct. There are a few important things you must understand first.
If you are having a deja-vu type experience right now – yes you have heard me or read my material before about this ‘change your brain first’ routine. I say and write the same thing when it comes to altering your eating habits for weight loss, you must change your………….. Okay, okay, I’ll stop, but only if you agree. LOL
I’m adamant about this because the vast majority of people that begin an exercise or fitness program quit within a few weeks or even days. They’ve wasted their time, and maybe money if they paid for some program or equipment, because they didn’t change their…………. Sorry, I almost wrote it again! LOL.
So don’t even start anything until you understand and accept these basic concepts: (My new book Whole Health Healing – The Budget Friendly Natural Wellness Bible For All Ages contains a chapter called Exercises That Really Work and Those to Avoid. You can buy the book by clicking here.
1) Exercise and fitness routines need to be life-long. That’s right, forever and ever, as long as you live. You are struggling with your weight now, because you likely have not been active enough in the past. Yesterday I went rollerblading with my son. The day before that I went bike riding with my daughter. The day before that I swam. And today I’m going to rollerblade again. And the day after that I’m going for another bike ride. Get my point? Seek to partake in at least 30 minutes physical activity everyday and settle for no less than 3 times per week. Make it mandatory – a priority. If you ever stop, you will quickly loose the benefits you’ve worked so hard for.Yes it’s that important. Get angry about it if you have to! But sorry no, the anger does not count towards the………… LOL.
2) Exercise needs to be fun. The most common reason most people stop the routine they start is boredom. If it’s not fun, it won’t get done! Take a look at rummage sales, flea markets, and garage sales and you’ll see loads of exercise equipment, much of it barely used. You may likely have some stuff you got suckered into that is collecting dust in your attic or basement. Now if you’ve got a routine going with some equipment and you’re enjoying it and keeping it up – congratulations! But that usually is not the case for most others. The rest of us are mere mortals. LOL.
3) Exercise needs to be varied. Yep, it’s that boredom factor again. I advocate having several fun physical activities you can choose from. I even change mine with the seasons because I prefer outdoor activities. In the winter I downhill ski, cross country ski, ice skate, etc. Another benefit of varying your activity is that it works different parts of your body. For example, I’m amazed how rollerblading tightens up my laterals (sides) compared to how swimming and running tightens up my front and back.
4) It does not have to be grueling or painful. Not at all! Even light activities like walking have noticeable benefits. There are no doubt more benefits if you push yourself a bit more, but you don’t have to go overboard. And if you do increase you pace or level of exertion, do it gradually. I believe that if you are uncomfortable in any significant way after exercising – you’ve gone at it too hard.
5) Do it for God not self. Honor God with your body. This is a biblical concept from 1st Corinthians. If you exercise or eat properly because you want to look better, feel better, and impress others, that’s not all bad although selfish. But the entire idea of caring for one’s body works and lasts significantly better when you accept that your body is a gift from God. That’s a more honorable reason to be caring for it optimally. I wrote an article about this you can read by clicking here.
Yes, there are some exercises that are more dangerous than others. You can read my free report called The Five Most Dangerous Exercises You Need to Avoid by getting it from the opt-in box on the right side of this website.
Got it now? If you do you are ready to proceed and succeed. Can I say it one last time please? Your brain has changed first!
By the way, have you seen my other blog/web sites?
For the general public: http://www.wholehealthhealing.com
Specifically for doctors: http://www.reclaimthejoy.com